Welcome to the Blog page.
ur blog page will show a wide range of postings about school life. You can get a glimpse here of the different activities, events and updates that the school is processing throughout the school year.
To find out if you are eligible for Free School Meals please click the link Free School Meals
Spring Term 2016
We have not increased the cost of our hot dinner for some time: however due to our rising costs from January 2017 these have now increased to £2.30 per day or £11.50 per week.
Click the link to view the Spring, Summer Menu for 2017
Thank you for all of the club suggestions that you sent in – there were lots of different ideas and a wide range of clubs you would like to see. Over the next half term and the summer term, I will hopefully be able to arrange for many of these to run. Unfortunately, due to our small staff, we won’t be able to offer them all, but I will keep many of them in mind for September.
Clubs that will definitely run in spring II – letters to follow
- Ms Bainbridge will run a Craft club on Tuesdays 3.30 – 4.00
- Mrs Kendall and Mrs Pattison will run a Textiles club on Tuesdays 12.30 – 1.00
- Miss Knight will run Box 2 B Fit on a Wednesday 3.30 – 4.15
- Miss Knight will run Animation club on a Thursday across lunchtime for Y5-6
- We are also in the middle of organising an Aerobics club on Thursday 3.30 -4.00
- Mrs Lofthouse will run a Cross Stitch club on Mondays 12.30 – 1.00
In the summer term we are hoping to run:
- Rounders and Tri-Golf;
- Animation for Y3-4;
Thank you for all your continued support,
Planned expenditure: Sept 2016 – March 2017 £4,789
The aim for 2016-2017: To continue to further develop the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles; ensuring that all children continue to have broader experiences of a range of sports and activities which are offered to all pupils with increased participation in competitive sport and increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE.
We will aim to do this by…
- Being part of the school sport partnership (£1500)
- Attending cluster events (projected £700 dependent on where second rounds are held/if reach)
- Holding a range of clubs and inter-school tournaments (£
- Developing healthy lifestyles through making it a focus point across school (projected £1600)
- Making outdoor learning an integral part of the whole school curriculum (£1,000)
April 2017 – August 2017 £3,421
Well done to all the children that have attended the sporting events so fat this year.
Dodgeball – a group of children from years 5 and 6 attended the dodgeball inter-school tournament at Snaith High School. You played brilliantly. Well done on your second place.
Girls Football – fantastic throughout the tournament. Well done on some brilliant goals.
Boys Football – a great performance boys.
Cross Country – congratulations on all that competed and took part.
Schools can prove excellence by gaining industry standard awards. View awards we have attained.
Free News Service
Click on the icon to the left to subscribe to a free RSS feed school news service.
You can also follow us on social media. Click on the icons at the very bottom of this web page.